Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Follow Up Activity: 2/15/07 My Own Bookshelf Lab

In order for you to receive points for participating in "2/15/07 My Own Bookshelf Lab", you need to post a comment on this blog a short summary of how you used one of your books you created in "My Own Bookself". Please do not use students "real" names, and make sure you sign it with your first name.

Click on the comments below this message: see the image above......... this will take you to a new screen, you may need to create an account, type in your summary in the comment box and click on post.

Email me if you have problems........ folkst@ocps.net

5 comments:

dianne said...

This was a lot of fun. The group was GREAT.

cindy tuck said...

I an taking the books I created and using them with our monthly theme. Next month the theme is earth and space. During my circle time I will read the book I created starry night. One student will activate a switch to read the recuring line and one student will activate the switch to tell me to turn the page.I have imported my books to my classroom computer and using a microphone I am going to change the voice to my voice.

Mary Lou said...

What I wanted to do and what I ended up doing changed! We do not have the program here at school. I took the books that I made and had my students view them. They enjoyed them so much more than I thought they would! Well this opened fun conversation about the books and the speech therapist came in class and she used the opportunity to have my students expand their descriptive language. My students had so much fun talking about the books and taking turns.

Anonymous said...

During Circle I introduced the 5 senses & re-inforced it with CDs & tapes. Later, my students had computer time when they had the opportunity to read my book, WITH MY, taking turns & using a switch. Each student was represented in the book & it was easy to relate to. They saw familiar people & surroundings.
My students enjoy all 3 books I made because with this progam I was able to personalize each book & they were amazed to see themselves & their friends on the computer.
I see endless possibilities for creativity!

Patty said...

I am taking the books that I made during workshop and using them in my classroom theme which is "under the sea". The books will reinforce all that we have been working on during "circle time".